Advocating for Home Funerals: Stepping it up a Notch
Registration is now closed.
Stay tuned for updates and postings about the event after it concludes.
Check out the schedule
What a great schedule! Saturday is filled with rich, facilitated forums. Sunday is skills-based. There’s films, home funeral movie stars :), and lots of time to spend time with others. Here’s a sample of what you can explore:
- The power of home funeral storytelling in words, oral traditions, online, altars, and around our crackling bonfire
- Skills like body care basics & home funerals for pets
- Building bridges with hospices and hospitals & working with funeral directors, vital statistics, medical examiner
- Film showings: In the Parlor with filmmaker Heidi Boucher & Zen and the Art of Dying with Zenith Virago
- Taking care of yourself while helping others
- Legal issues that inform home funeral advocacy
- Creating ceremonies for home vigils, funerals & memorials
- Our awesome line-up of vendors from far and wide.
- The only Home Funeral Silent Auction in the world! Bring an item and leave some space in your luggage for your winnings.
- The Altar Art Project, which is a visual and shared remembrance of those who have passed. Bring whatever you want to honor your loved ones.
- A Before I Die chalkboard…what will you write on it?
- Under the stars, around the bonfire, for open home funeral story sharing, music and lots of listening
- …and more!