2013 Annual Conference
“Home Funeral in Community: Reclaiming the Lost Art”
October 18 – 20, 2013, Raleigh, North Carolina
Seventy people from all over the US and Canada, England and Australia enjoyed an empowering and fun weekend together strengthening our community and learning how to educate families about home funeral and green burial options. We welcome your comments on our blog. Many thanks to our speakers, volunteers and participants! If you missed us this time, please join us next time!
Links to our Speakers:
Megory Anderson, PhD, Keynote Speaker
Monica Williams-Murphy, Emergency Room Physician
Its OK to Die
Freddie Johnson, Co-founder
Prairie Creek Conservation Cemetery
Char Barrett, Licensed Funeral Director and Home Funeral Guide
A Sacred Moment
Jerrigrace Lyons, Death Midwife
Olivia Bareham, Death Midwife
Dyanne Matzkevich, Director
Pine Forest Memorial Gardens
Lee Webster, Home Funeral Guide
New Hampshire Funeral Resources, Education & Advocacy
Anne O'Connor, Founder
Tending the Fire Within
Links to our Vendors:
Guided Imagery with Glenda
Piedmont Pine Coffins
Where the Tree Falls, the Forest Rises
Natural Burial Company/Natural End Map
Funeral Consumers Alliance
The mission of the National Home Funeral Alliance is to educate and empower families to care for their own dead. We reach out to all families, individuals and professionals who wish to learn more about home funeral. We are committed to fostering a community rooted in critical cultural competence in which we celebrate as well as deeply examine how our myriad cultures impact the field of death care. We strive for honest, open, inclusive and encouraging dialogue that does not criticize any one group of people or professionals, including those in the funeral industry.
- There will be no penalty for cancellations received on or before the date 30 days prior to the first day of the conference. The full amount paid minus a $50 processing fee will be refunded.
- A cancellation fee of 50% of registration costs plus a $50 fee will be applied for cancellations received between 29 to 10 days before the conference.
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 10 days before the first day of the conference. Late requests for refunds due to a family emergency only will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All cancellations must be sent in writing via e-mail or regular mail to the conference registrar, email@example.com. Please expect confirmation within two days. If necessary to cancel by USPS, please allow sufficient time for a response.
- NHFA is not responsible for problems beyond our control such as weather conditions, campus conditions, prepaid parking, prepaid tours, etc. No refunds will be given in these situations. The final decision on refunds rests with the NHFA President and Treasurer.
- Refunds will not be issued for late arrivals, unattended events, early termination of attendance, no-shows, or meals. In the event that NHFA cancels an event, we will refund all fees collected in full.